This page was made for one reason: the gluts, or “Gluteus Maximus,” makes up the biggest and strongest muscle in your body! The shape and appearance of your buns are all dependent on this muscle.
The most common activity you perform with your gluts everyday is walking. Add in other activities such running, cycling, and sports and it’s no wonder the gluts are the biggest muscle in your body. The gluts sustain your entire upper body as well as stabilizing your legs, therefore, it is good to have a a strong set of gluts so you can function properly in your day-to-day life – not to mention it is one of the muscles many people want to shape and tone aesthetically.
Some calisthenic exercises for the Gluts:
- Various Squats – Squats are one of the most beneficial exercises for your entire body, so do not underestimate its benefits for your gluts! All the various squats will help you develop a stronger and nicer set of gluts.
- Various Lunges – Lunges are excellent exercises for the gluts as well. Be sure to follow proper form!
- Glut Kickbacks – Assume a push up position but stay on your knees. This calisthenic exercise may require some balance so make sure you are in a comfortable and stable position. Begin by lifting one leg off the ground, slowly raise the leg until the thigh is parallel to the ground while extending your shins upward perpendicular to the ground. Slowly come back down and repeat for the other leg.
- Climbing Stairs – Walk and/or run up a flight of stairs to work out your gluts!
- Walking and Running/Jogging
You basically use your gluts for almost all workout activities. The best exercise for your buttocks have to be squats and all the various forms of the squat. Try them all out!
Nice and curvy!
Glut strength-training exercises such as those mentioned above, combined with consistent cardiovascular activity and a balanced, nutritious diet will give you the nice curvy results you want. If you work in front of a computer and sit for most of the day, your gluts will slowly atrophy unless you begin some strength training. Get up and get active!
What if you’re having problems with cellulite in your gluts and back thighs? The answer is simple, lose more body fat! The lumpiness of cellulite is caused by fat which pushes and distorts the tissues beneath your skin. I really recommend The Diet Solution or Fat Burning Furnace as they will will help you achieve your fat burning goals. They are only available online and are highly rated on the internet.
P.S. I apologize to men who are not after an aesthetically appealing and curvy butt, but all these exercises will also benefit your lower body strength regardless!