A Body Mass Index Calculator (BMI) uses your height and current weight to calculate your “total body mass.” It helps define whether or not your body mass, relative to your height, is healthy or unhealthy. The higher the BMI, the higher your risk of health problems such as:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Coronary heart disease
- Increased chance for cancers such as colon, prostate, and breast cancer
Below is a free BMI calculator to help you get an idea of where you stand. Just input your height, weight, gender and body type (fat, normal, ripped – don’t cheat!) – and it will determine your BMI for you. Use the chart below the calculator to find out where you stand.
PLEASE NOTE: The BMI calculator below is just an approximation tool and may provide misleading results. Consult with your physician about your specific individual situation for a more accurate representation.
Body Mass Index Chart
After determining your BMI, use the chart below to find out where you stand.
How to Improve your BMI
To improve your BMI, you need to reduce your calories intake and increase your physical activity. Calisthenic exercises are a perfect way to get healthier through physical activity.
Here are some tips for burning calories and losing weight and keeping it off.
- Start exercising and be more active.
- Set realistic weight-loss goals, a small amount of weight loss can make a huge difference to your health.
- Be aware of what you eat.
- Talk to your doctor before you start any weight-loss program or supplement and do not starve yourself if you’re unhappy with your body. If you don’t get enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode, your metabolism will slow down and weight loss will be even harder.