Question by Sjharr S: Yoga??????
I usually do yoga and relaxation things and stuff like that. and i have a couple questions
1. How long do you think it would take me to lose about 5 pounds while doing yoga?
2. What are the best yoga tips and exersises?
3. What are some good ways to relax?
4. Any advise about yoga?
Those are my questions..hope you can answer them :) thanks!
Answer by Hans
1. Yoga usually isn’t a very good exercise for weight loss. It increases your metabolism very slightly, and helps to build some muscle mass. Not to mention, studies show that if you do some exercise of any kind in the morning, you’re more likely to exercise again later in the day. So for motivational purposes, yoga is an excellent idea.
2. I really like the book “OM Yoga”, from Barnes & Noble. It has a workout for each day. The best yoga moves are ones that require balancing, such as standing with one leg bent, hands in a prayer position.
3. Try to do yoga in the evening and in the morning. Use a more rigorous (balancing) routine in the morning, and a very gentle style in the evening.
4. Breath very deeply, inhaling to fill your belly first, then your chest. Count to 10, imagining something peaceful or something that makes you happy – a sunny place under a tree, a waterfall, or a landscape covered in snow are some of my favorites. Count to 5, then exhale, deflating your chest first and then your belly. Eventually this becomes habitual when you do yoga, and it’s very relaxing!
Add your own answer in the comments!